Through 30+ years of instruction and collaboration, Tony has condensed the art of songwriting into 5 elements that every great song requires: Idea, Melody, Lyrics, Chord Progression, & Continuity. Tony is now teaching aspiring songwriters & musicians how to advance their craft with a lesson plan series dedicated to exploring the individual elements.
In this 5 lesson bundle, Tony discusses the Idea, the importance of Melody, the power of Lyric, navigating Chord Progression & recognizing Continuity.
Topics the 5 Lesson Plan Bundle Covers:
1. Idea – The inspiration for the song; how to recognize THE moment! How to capture and manage the idea!
2. Melody – The importance of melody; writing pretty melody vs complimentary melody; melody’s historic role in longevity!
3. Lyric – The power of words, learn to love words; what is “rhythm of lyric”; what is trite lyric, why tense is important.
4. Chord Progression – Learning to navigate chord progression, regardless of musical proficiency; understanding chord progression basics.
5. Continuity – Learn to recognize continuity; how to correct a lack of continuity; layered elements of songwriting vs filtered elements of songwriting.
Downloads the 5 Lesson Plan Bundle Includes:
This bundle includes all videos for Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 & Part 5 in Tony Elenburg’s The 5 Elements of a Song lesson series.